To Remove The Ugly Arrow From Windows 7,Vista And XP, Follow These Site
- Go To Start.Then Run.Then Type : regedit
- It will open the Registry Editor, Use CTRL+F To Find the Following Keys and Delete the ‘IsShortcut’ value from them.HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTlnkfileHKEY_CLASSES_ROOTpiffileHKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInternetShortcut
It’s easier than it sounds! After Doing so, Restart Windows and Voila! No Ugly Arrows!
NOTE: For some people, Deleting These three keys doesn’t work, in that case also delete ‘IsShortcut’ from the following Keys:
WINDOWS VISTA or WINDOWS 7
- Download the Following file.http://www.mediafire.com/?etyiiuwu5ot
- To Remove the Shortcut Arrow –(A)Open the ZIP file (step 1), and extract the Blank.ico file, and either the 32-bit or 64-bit Remove_Shortcut_Arrow.reg file for your Vista version to the desktop.NOTE: To see if your Vista is a 32-bit or 64-bit version, open the Start Menu and right click on Computer and click on Properties. Under System Type, you will see what version of Vista you have.
(B)Right click on the Blank.ico file and click on Properties.
(C)Under the General tab, click on the Unblock button if there.NOTE: If the Unblock button is not there, then the file is already unblocked. Continue on to step 3 below.
(D)Copy and Paste the Blank.ico into the C:Windows folder, then click on Continue and Continue to approve the copy.
(E)Right click on the 32-bit or 64-bit Remove_Shortcut_Arrow.reg file for your Vista version and click on Merge, then click on Continue, Yes, and OK to approve the merge.
F) Go to step 4.
- To Restore the Shortcut Arrow –
(A) Open the ZIP file (step 1), and extract the Restore_Shortcut_Arrow.reg file to the desktop.
(B) Right click on the Restore_Shortcut_Arrow.reg file and click on Merge, then click on Continue, Yes, and OK to approve the merge.
(C) In the C:Windows folder, right click on the Blank.ico file and click on Delete, Continue, and Continue.NOTE: This is for when you have used step 2 above to remove the shortcut arrow previously.
- Log off and log on, or restart the computer.